Fully Funded: LL.M in USA for the best SAL Greece 2018 Graduate!
One full – 100% tuition scholarship and twenty 75 % tuition scholarships for LL.M study at Chicago-Kent College of Law in Chicago
New application deadline: September 15, 2017
Chicago-Kent College of Law – US based law school along with School of American Law in Athens announces two interlinked programs with guaranteed 75% scholarships for lawyers from Greece and Cyprus.
- School of American Law Certificate Program in Athens, Greece and
- One-semester LL.M program in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
School of American Law in Athens is hosted by Nomiki Bibliothiki. School of American Law (SAL program) begins in early October 2017 and completes in May 2018. This two-semester program covers ten mandatory courses conducted only in English and delivered solely by Chicago-Kent Professors visiting from USA. Learning mode is one or two courses per month covering only weekends through full day lectures starting at 10 am by 5 pm. Ten mandatory courses cover contemporary subjects: International Business Transactions, E-Commerce, Online Contracting, Antitrust Law, IP Asset Management, Intellectual Property Law, Securities Law, Global Intellectual Property Law, Trademark Law, Comparative Law, Introduction to American Legal Systems & Legal Writing. Exact titles and content of courses are subject to change.
After completion of SAL Program in Athens graduates continue LL.M education at Chicago-Kent in Chicago, IL, USA. Credits earned during SAL Program are fully recognized by Chicago-Kent. Therefore, Master’s study at Chicago-Kent is finished with earning LL.M in “U.S., International and Transnational Law” in one semester (which equals five months) instead of regular one academic year.
SAL Program for Mediterranean & Balkans was established in 2015 in cooperation with Chicago-Kent College of Law to support the mission of expanding knowledge, promoting global law and providing equal access to contemporary legal education for emerging market countries lawyers. Since 2015 SAL Program educated more than 25 students from Greece, Cyprus, Italy, Bulgaria, Macedonia (FYRUM) and Albania with opportunity to receive an immersive overseas experience and gain the global competencies that will define their future role in the global landscape.
- Getting benefits from the blended structure of the program starting in Athens without leaving current jobs by attending live, interactive classes in a face-to-face;
- TOEFL Waiver for SAL Program graduates, submitting SAL & LL.M applications without TOEFL scores;
- Preferential and immediate admission to Chicago-Kent LL.M after completion of SAL Program;
- Earning LL.M in “U.S., International and Transnational Law” at Chicago-Kent in one semester instead of one academic year;
- Significant tuition scholarships;
- After completion of one semester at Chicago-Kent, students may continue education for the optional second semester and earn LL.M degree in the most demanding directions: LL.M in Trial Advocacy, LL.M in International Intellectual Property Law and LL.M in Financial Service Law with significant scholarships;
- Affordable tuition payment plan within two or more installments while studying at SAL Program & Chicago-Kent;
- Deferring Chicago-Kent’s Admission for LL.M during the next three academic years;
- On-campus & off-campus employment opportunities in the USA;
- Access to externships and internships in the USA;
- The world best location, world-class city – downtown campus of Chicago-Kent is located in the heart of Chicago – one of the nation’s top legal & financial markets;
- Development a strong professional network, foster connections with a diverse community of professionals across the USA;
Program impact on applicants’ career
- In past years, after graduation from Chicago-Kent LL.M, graduates have continued career building in the states by passing US Bar exam and applying for OPT;
- Others have returned to the practice of law in their respective countries with a better understanding of US law and the ability to work better with international, European and US lawyers, law firms and government agencies. Most of them was immediately promoted or integrated into leading business industries or top law firms;
- In each case, the knowledge obtained and the contacts made in Chicago through the Chicago-Kent SAL program continue to have enormous personal and professional value.
Scholarships & Tuition Fee
- Tuition fee for School of American Law Program per each academic year varies, moreover due to the financial crisis faced by country the fee and payment plan is the subject of discussion based on applicants’ academic merits, command of English and professional background. For precise information regarding the tuition fee please, contact Country Director as indicated below.
- Tuition fee for LL.M at Chicago-Kent College of Law amounts to USD 10 000 instead of regular USD 44 000 after guaranteed 75% scholarships; payment for LL.M study shall be made at Chicago-Kent after Student arrivals in Chicago;
- One Full (100%) tuition scholarship for LL.M study at Chicago-Kent College of Law in Chicago – one full scholarship is established by Chicago-Kent College of Law for 2017-2018 academic year, specifically for current enrollment. To qualify for the scholarship, students must have a GPA in SAL of at least 3.8. The Dean of Chicago-Kent and Head of SAL Worldwide will review applications from students who meet that condition and select the most qualified student;
- Tuition fee for the optional second semester at Chicago-Kent College of Law amounts to USD 7 250 instead of USD 22 000.
Applicants with a first degree in Law (LL.B) or last year law school students are eligible to apply. The majority of students in this program are practicing lawyers.
All applicants are required to submit the following documents electronically by September 15, 2017
- CV in English by indicating referee’s contact information;
- Copy of the Passport and/or ID;
- Electronic copy of diploma or University statement for Bachelor students.
The documents should be sent to the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
After completion of two semesters LL.M graduate are eligible for off-campus employment. Work permits are required for all off-campus employment and may be granted by the U.S. immigration authority for paid practical training. Students with F1 visas may apply for a 12-month period of Optional Practical Training (OPT), which begins after the completion of their two-semester study, during which student with F1 status who has completed his/her degrees for more than nine months are permitted by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to work for one year under Employment Authorization Card on a student visa towards getting practical training to complement their education.
Bar Exams are administered nation-wide in February and July. Bar admissions requirements differ from state to state and as a result, students are advised to visit the web site of their state bar office for the most accurate information. For information on various exams and links to most state bar authorities, visit the web site of the National Conference of Bar Examiners.
Chicago-Kent College of Law is nationally recognized the second oldest law school in the state of Illinois. Chicago-Kent was gained accreditation by the American Bar Association in 1936 and membership in the Association of American Law Schools in 1951. In 2016-2017 US News & World Reports assigned the following ranking to Chicago-Kent among the most demanded and popular program: Trial Advocacy the 4th place. According to US News & World Reports Chicago-Kent graduate employment rate right after the graduation amounts to 66.2% and 90.7% within 9 months following the graduation. SAL Program & Chicago-Kent is listed as USA affiliated education institutions US Embassy in Greece. Also, Chicago-Kent College of Law is fully recognized by D.O.A.T.A.P (Hellenic NARIC).
School of American Law: www.salchicagokent.com
Chicago-Kent College of Law: www.kentlaw.iit.edu
SAL Program at Chicago-Kent: http://www.kentlaw.iit.edu/sal-mediterranean
Business Facebook Page: School of American Law, Chicago-Kent College of Law
Listed by US Embassy: https://athens.usembassy.gov/us-greek-education.html
What Makes a Law School Great: Inside Chicago-Kent http://youtu.be/pKu1V5UTjUQ
For more information, please contact Christina Sarakanidi, Country Director
firstname.lastname@example.org +30 690 6127707; Viber calls are welcomed to: +995 577 77 40 30 +995 577 97 40 01